The following is an official press release from Magic Hat Brewing.
(Burlington, VT) – Magic Hat Brewing Company recently released its coveted cache of the strangely named and extremely limited Meatwhistle Imperial Stout. The beer had been aging in Heaven Hill Bourbon barrels, soaking in two years’ worth of rich flavors and aromas.
The beer is only available at the Magic Hat Artifactory and select Burlington, VT-area bars for an extremely limited time. In fact, the Magic Hat team has already gone through eight kegs in just five days.
· The beer has been dubbed a true “palate pleaser” with hints of chocolate, raisins, currants and coffee.
· Meatwhistle is brewed with Pale, Caramel 80L, CaraMunich 120L malts and Roasted Barley as well as a healthy dose of Columbus hops. It tips the scales at 10.5% ABV and 25 IBUs.
· On July 17, all remaining kegs of Meatwhistle were tapped, just in time for the sold-out 2014 Vermont Brewers Festival.
· Samples and 32 oz. growlers of the beer are available only at the Magic Hat Artifactory and select bars and restaurants in Burlington, VT, until it runs out.
· The next time Meatwhistle will be brewed is unknown.
· Meatwhistle is brewed in honor and memory of a forever member of the Magic Hat brewing team and his band, Pete & the Meatwhistle.